SIX UNEXPECTED WAYS TO USE LAIRD SUPERFOOD CREAMERS (RECIPES)
So you’ve got Laird Superfood Creamers on your shelf and you’re in the know with what a creamer is typically used for – replacing milk in tea and coffee. But perhaps what you didn’t realise is that the range can be used in so many ways!
Essentially, think of creamer like a superfood milk powder replacement. One you can use in various recipes. Laird Superfood Creamers in particular, as they’re vegan and based on coconut milk powder, can replace exactly that, coconut milk.
You simply add water to it to get a smooth, creamy liquid which, depending on the flavour, can be used in a variety of dishes, sweet or savoury! Take a look below and share these recipes with your team and your customers to get your creativity flowing!
Please note, all of these recipes have been collaboratively created by friends and fans of Laird Superfood. Each recipe and image belongs to the rightful creator. If you wish to share these beyond this blog post, please make sure to give credit where it is due.
GOLDEN TURMERIC POPCORN
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter/ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Laird Superfood Turmeric Creamer
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Heat oil and 3 kernels in a large pot over medium-high heat until kernels pop.
- Add remaining kernels, keep the lid slightly ajar, and cook until the popping slows to 2 seconds between pops.
- Add to a large bowl and toss with Superfood Drizzle. Taste and add sea salt as desired.
- In a small pot, combine the Superfood Drizzle ingredients.
- Warm gently over low heat until melted, stirring well to combine.
ALMOND HAZELNUT CACAO BUTTER
By Stephanie Howe.
Serves: One mason jar full!
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 5 tbsp Laird Superfood Cacao Creamer
- 2 tbsp cacao (optional, will add an even deeper chocolate flavour)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add almonds and hazelnuts to a high-power food processor or Vitamix. Turn on high and blend for a few minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add Laird Superfood Creamer and sea salt. Blend again until it takes on a creamy texture. Be patient as this can take a few minutes! Allow the food processor or blender to “rest” at several points to avoid getting too hot.
- For extra chocolately nut butter, add additional cacao or more Laird Superfood Cacao Creamer!
- Store in a jar for as long as it lasts in your household!
BLUEBERRY PIE PANCAKES
By Anett Velsberg.
- 1 cup flour (plain, oat or GF)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (use more GF flour if you want a GF recipe)
- 1/4 cup Laird Superfood Original Creamer
- 2 tbsp brown or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or paste
- 3/4 – 1 cup unsweetened plant milk, as needed
- 1/2 cup blueberries, more to serve
- 1 – 2 tbsp cooking oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut whipped cream, to serve
- 1 -2 tbsp maple syrup, to serve
- Place the flour, oats, Laird Superfood Creamer, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until combined.
- Pour in the vanilla followed by the milk until you get a thick but pourable batter. Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour batter onto an oiled non-stick skillet on medium-low heat, using about 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and continue cooking until browned on the bottom.
- Divide between plates and serve immediately with coconut whipped cream, fresh blueberries and maple syrup.
SUPERFOOD GOLDEN ENERGY BITES
By Kanchan Koya.
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 6 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp Laird Superfood Turmeric Creamer (plus more to garnish)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of black pepper and salt
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Blitz together all ingredients except sesame seeds until it forms a dough-like mixture.
- Once the mixture comes together into a dough, use your hands to shape it into balls that are about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place balls in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to set.
- Roll balls in a mixture of sesame seeds and reserved Turmeric Superfood Creamer.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT PUMPKIN WITH TURMERIC SUPERFOOD CREAMER
By Twins Kitchen.
- 1 butternut pumpkin
- 1 tbsp Laird Superfood Turmeric Creamer
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Turmeric Tahini Dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tsp Laird Superfood Turmeric Creamer
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp sea salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- water as needed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celscius. Dice the pumpkin into cubes and discard seeds.
- Spread cubed pumpkin across a baking pan and toss it with olive oil, Laird Superfood Turmeric Creamer, sea salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for roughly 35-45 minutes, until the squash is cooked and the edges turn golden.
- Meanwhile, create the sauce by whisking together all the Turmeric Tahini Dressing ingredients until creamy and combined. Use olive oil or water to thin to desired consistency. Adjust sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from oven, let cool, then serve drizzled with the Turmeric Tahini Dressing.
NO-BAKE HONEY OAT SUPERFOOD BITES
By Motha Butta.
- 1/2 cup nut butter or coconut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or dates for a vegan version)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp flaxmeal (optional)
- 1/2 cup Laird Superfood Original Creamer or Cacao Creamer
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- Combine all ingredients for bites in a large mixing bowl.
- Once the mixture comes together, use your hands to shape it into balls that are one inch in diameter.
- Place bites in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Warm coconut butter in the microwave or on the stovetop over medium-low heat until liquified.
- Remove balls from freezer and dip into melted coconut butter to coat.
- Refrigerate to set coating. Store in airtight container for up to five days.
Courtesy of UHP 👍🏻